So over the weekend I got an opportunity to attend an Inglot Sculpt to Glow Event at Dubai Mall. It was a two day event (Jan 7 and Jan 8) and had two sessions each, which you had to register for in advance.
The event had a freelance MUA to train the invitees the techniques of contouring and highlighting. I learned a couple of tips and tricks that I would like to share with you guys, so here goes
- Contouring is essentially creating shadows on your face to visually alter how your face appears. With using the right technique faces can be altered to appear oval if you have a round face, for example.
- To give the appearance of a slimmer face contour where your faces hollows when you pout or make a fish face.
- Blend Blend Blend thats the rule of thumb to create a flawless contour, you wouldn’t want any harsh lines and you can pack on some more if needed.
- Contouring can be done not only on your cheeks but also your nose, jawline and temples. Some even contour and highlight the lips to give the appearance of fuller lips.
- The biggest tip I learned was if I wanted my highlighter to stay put throughout the heat of UAE I would have to retouch when necessary, regardless of it being cream or powder.
- Highlight your cheekbones to create an illusion of high cheekbones. You can brush the remaining on the centre of you forehead, don’t dust too much else it’ll appear as if your forehead is too oily.
- Highlighting can also be done on the top of your nose, cupids bow, chin, and the top and under the arch of your eyebrow.
- The main intention of highlighting is to create sharpness and luminous glow.
- Contouring is mainly done on the outer edges of your face and highlighting is done in the centre of your face. This helps to create a 3D image after you apply foundation as foundation flattens a face.
- A good tip to apply blush is not to smile and hold two from your nose and apply blush in small circular motion on the fat pads of your cheeks.
At the end of the event each of the registered invitees received an Inglot Freedom Sculpt to Glow Pallete (Limited Edition for the Event) with their name printed on it along with a certificate of attendance. I would like to mention that Inglot products give any other high end make-up brands a run for their money. The prices are amazing for the quality, I personally LOVE their AMC black gel liner: blackest of black and waterproof without smudging.
All in all it was a good event with fellow make up lovers.
Hope you’ll enjoyed this post.
Until next time, thank you for stopping by and sharing some love.